Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving 2011

This year was my first year to host any holiday and I was so excited about being able to feed and entertain 14 people!  My mom always was able to entertain large masses of people seemingly effortlessly so now was my turn to try it out.  I spent days thinking about the timing of dishes and trying to figure out how to get everything onto the table warm, but really, it was all quite easy.  A simple math problem that I think I scored 100% on.

Our menu included:
Appetizers:  cheese and crackers, shrimp cocktail, and deviled eggs
Main Meal:  turkey, gravy, salmon, steamed green beans, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, roasted butternut squash, cranberry relish, stuffing, and beer bread
Desserts:  Pumpkin Pie (thank you Sam's Club), Whipped cream (the real stuff of course), Dutch Apple Cake, and Lemon Squares

All 14 of us were well fed and happy.  The only thing that would have made the day better was if my mom was able to be down here with us.  Nonetheless, it will be a Thanksgiving weekend I will always remember.



Melodee and Josh

Anna ready to chow down

Quinn and his cousins Corynn, Lars, and Eryk

Playing with cousin Corynn

Giving Kisses (only on the lips though)

Quinn and Grandpa Cotton - Please don't take 
hairstyling advice from him Quinn!

Grandpa Cotton and his grandchildren

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home