Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring Break

I keep sitting here thinking I'm wasting my Spring Break by going back and forth between cooking, playing with Quinn, hitting up the gym, and just perusing the internet, but then again, there's nothing really I'd rather be doing.  Quinn and I have had a BLAST these past few days despite the rain here in Northwest Arkansas.  We were able to get almost a whole morning of no rain on Monday (which of course we took advantage of) and spent it at this great park in town called MetroPark.  I had driven past it before but never really thought of stopping.  I'm so glad we did on Monday.  This park is PERFECT for little ones.  The playground equipment is great and there's a creek going through it that's never deeper than about 6 inches.  It's perfect for running down the hill to throw rocks, running back up to get to the swings, running back down to throw a couple rocks and running back up in exhaustion ready for a nap.  We made it home just as Quinn was starting to pass out and a three hour afternoon was all mine :)

Tuesday we met friends at JumpZone in the morning.  This place, despite all the rambunctious big kids, is AWESOME!  With 7 massive inflatables (one I swear is 3 stories tall), it's the perfect indoor playground for Mommy and Child to burn a lot of energy.  In true Quinn style, we ran from one to the next to the next jumping, sliding, and bouncing around.  Did the big kids bother Quinn?  Nope..though he looked like a Chihauha in a pack of Greyhounds, Quinn had no problem bouncing the big kids out of his way and being rough and tumbly with them.  I tried to take some pictures of Quinn and our friends Kennedy and Kenna, but he was moving so much these are the best I could do:

 
No baby slides for Quinn

Kenna and Quinn

Quinn and Kennedy (the only shot in focus that I got all morning)

I don't know if I've mentioned that Quinn has been talking a lot more lately, but it seems like it's always the funniest things that he has to say such as "Mommy...it own" (Mommy sit down) and today in the drive thru at Mc Donalds where I always order ice cream, Quinn was in the back seat yelling "Mommy No...Mommy More, More."  I thought nothing of it and drove off with my ice cream and my screaming child.  He would not stop so I asked him if he wanted ice cream.  His response, "YESSSS."  Needless to say, I got 2 licks and my little stud muffin enjoyed the rest. 

Quinn's First Ice Cream Cone

We're heading to Kansas City to enjoy the rest of our break.  I'll be sure to post when we get home, but for now, Bon Voyage!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home