Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Making the Most of My Time

No...I'm not going to die. Doesn't that title sound morbid? But I guess, in a way, a part of me will be dying for a short while when we undergo IVF. You see, I know myself as someone who is an exercise-fanatic...maybe even a compulsive exerciser, but I just LOVE it. I LOVE the feeling of my heart beating 170 beats per minute, I LOVE beating the challenge of getting up that daunting hill, I LOVE pushing myself to new limits, I LOVE how strong and accomplished I feel when I'm done with a great workout, I LOVE the friends I have from the gym, and I LOVE that I don't have to be on Ritalin or Prozac because exercise lifts my spirits and burns tons of energy. Exercising is not something I feel like I have to do, it is something I feel blessed I get to do; however, in 12 short days that will all be taken away from me. I have strict orders to limit myself to "walking leisurely" and lifting very light hand weights.

I have to admit, I am quite nervous about all this. The 2-3 hours I spend per day getting to and from the gym, socializing there, and exercising will have to be filled with something else. I know, I know..."Get A Hobby" you say, but exercise is my hobby. That and cooking I guess (which somehow go hand in hand). I am very grateful that I will be returning to school as I know I will be plenty busy trying to get ready for my students to show up, but still, what am I going to do with myself when the school day is over and I still haven't gotten my fill of happy pills/exercise?

No need to worry about things before they happen, instead, I'm just "making the most of my time." This weekend, I hit up my favorite trails at Hobbs State Park just 45 minutes from our house and ran a 9 mile trail run. It is so beautiful and peaceful out there. I saw more deer this weekend than I did people. Trail running enables me to zone out, to enjoy the silence, and to completely relax as I focus on the sound of my breathing and nature that surrounds me. This morning, Brad and I conquered the hills of Bella Vista with a 7 mile SUPER hilly run. Brad's training for the Chicago Marathon so as a part of his training program, he gets to run hills once a week. Somehow, when the training program said to "find the hilliest course you can find," I don't think they realized that some people live in the mountain like we do! Nonetheless, it was an AWESOME run. We really have our best conversations when we're out running and it's the best quality time we can spend together.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

  • At July 29, 2009 at 11:19 PM , Blogger Lane said...

    Don't worry about not being able to workout because that is just going to be a little tiny timeout in your life compared to the rest of it!! It will go by quickly...look how fast it already has gone by! I can't believe it all starts in 12 days! How exciting!! :)

     
  • At July 30, 2009 at 11:20 PM , Blogger The Weitman's said...

    Just think girl, how you will sacrafice exercise for the most wonderful thing in your life. A true blessing, a child. Plus, it's not forever. Then you can teach your son/daughter all the joys of physical activities. Keep your head up and call if you ever want to burn up some time.

     
  • At July 31, 2009 at 11:54 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

    I am so glad you have a blog now! I am also praying for you as you and Brad begin this journey.

     
  • At August 2, 2009 at 3:18 PM , Blogger Danno said...

    I wish you the best of luck Maria. I believe you that it will be difficult, but given how much you want kiddos, it'll be worth it.

    I'm also impressed with how open you are in this blog, and you guys are in general. That takes guts. I share some of me on mine too but I ramble so much I don't think people really read it. They probably lose patience! ;)

    Now if only Juliana and I had an ounce of that same drive to exercise...

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home