Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Monday, August 3, 2009

PRs and Life on the Lake

What a great weekend we had. Living on the lake, we're hard pressed to not have a great weekend when the weather cooperates. Friday night I went with Sara, Brenda, and Karie down to Fayetteville for some shopping and dinner at my favorite pizza place, Mellow Mushroom. When I was in college back in Chapel Hill, we always made weekly trip to MM for the Mega Veggie Pizza (broccoli, spinach red onion, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, peppers, sun dried tomatoes, feta, and tofu). Of the probably 100 times I've eaten at MM, I'd say I've eaten the Mega Veggie 90 times...though Karie had one with a hummus base which very well might be my new favorite. If you haven't been there yet, it is a must try! I promise you won't be disappointed...and they have a great bar too =)

Yesterday was definitely the highlight of the weekend for both Brad and me. We started the morning with a trip to our favorite trails at Hobbs State Park. I was all pumped up to run, knowing it would be my last run here for hopefully 10 months or so, until we got to the trail head and was suddenly just not feeling it anymore. I knew I would kick myself later if I just walked a few miles instead, so off Brad and I went, he on his mountain bike and me by foot. About 15 minutes into the run, something kicked in and I was on a roll. What started as a HORRIBLE run ended up with me posting a PR on the trail of 1:25:10 for the 9 mile run. I was so excited and decided I was going to celebrate that afternoon with good food, a run to Walmart for some tonic and limes, and an afternoon of relaxing on the lake.

Living on the lake, you're never hard pressed to find friends who want to come hang out, so that is just what we did. Brad pulled out the infamous bike ramp that he and Levi built a few weeks ago and the brave people in our group took turns mastering the art of front flips, Supermans, and just not breaking anything as they took off down the hill on the rusty bike and catapulted themselves over the ramp and into the lake. In case you're struggling to imagine all this, here's the video from 2 weeks ago when the bike ramp was inaugurated:



Though Brenda, Karie and I weren't brave enough to jump, that doesn't mean we missed a beat when it came to having our own fun. Throw some gin and tonics or mimosas into the mix and everyone's guaranteed to have a good time =) The saddest part of the night was realizing that it was after 10:00 and that everyone had to go to work in the morning...oh I'm sorry, I should say, everyone but me =)





2 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home