Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, April 11, 2010

More New Recipes

I am doing so well with sticking to my New Years' Goal of making a new recipe each week. We have 2 more winners to tell you about folks...Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Sandwiches courtesy of Rachel Ray and Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps. I don't know how I keep picking these simple winners, but WOW...are they ever amazing.

First off, Grilled Honey Lime Chicken Sandwiches (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/grilled-honey-lime-chicken-sandwiches-recipe/index.html). Now grilled chicken sandwiches are always good, but the combination of cilantro, honey, and lime really added a nice subtle flavor making a good staple really good. Even better, and oh so simple, the recipe called for the sandwich to be topped with avocado. Now why I never thought about adding fresh avocado to a sandwich, I don't know, but let me tell you that if you like avocado, I would HIGHLY recommend trying to add it to any sandwich to get a creamy extra flavor.



Our second winning recipe (and which is currently ranked in the top 5 of all the new recipes I've tried so far this year) is Cooking Light's Asian Turkey Lettuce Wraps (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1932640). The recipe calls for the use of Napa (Chinese) cabbage. I was not in the mood to search for that or for the fresh mint that the recipe called for but nonetheless, it was PHENOMENAL. The dish was full of fresh flavors, was not spicy even with an entire jalapeno in it, and was super quick to make. It will definitely win a place in our summer recipe repertoire. It's perfect for a hot day and is so filling yet very low in calories and high in protein. Give it a try (you'll find the fish sauce in the Asian aisle of Walmart...though I found that not all stores carry it). This is one recipe you will regret missing out on if you don't try it!

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home