Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

New Recipes

I am totally on a roll with these new recipes and am so happy I made this my New Year's Goal. So far, every new recipe I've tried has been delicious but this weekend might have taken the cake!

I had 2 weeks of recipes to make this weekend so Saturday night I made Artichoke and Goat Cheese Stuffed Chicken Breasts from Cooking Light's website and Sunday I made savory Bacon, Spinach, and Mushroom Stuffed Crepes. We ate like kings this weekend for sure.

Okay, the Stuffed Chicken was very very good. The recipe calls for the chicken to be boiled in plastic wrap which seemed pretty sketchy to me so I adjusted and baked the recipe for 40 minutes at 350degrees. I added a little garlic powder to the recipe because when I tasted the cheese mixture, it seemed like it was missing something and I added about a half cup of fresh chopped spinach because I needed to use it up. I didn't have any roasted red peppers so those were omitted, but I must say, despite the changes, it turned out really really well. Here's the link in case you're interested: http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1197231 and although I can't take credit for this picture, here's what the finished product looked like. Can you say DELISH?!?!



So when we thought we had hit a homeroom for the weekend, Sunday called for my first ever attempt at making crepes. It was, hands down, the easiest delicacy I've ever made. I don't know why people are so impressed by crepes because honestly, they're easier to make than pancakes. You don't have to flip them, you know when they're cooked all the way through, and they are simply amazing. Even better, they freeze really well! What a GREAT dessert to have on hand in case guests stop by!

Sunday morning I followed the recipe on Recipezaar.com for simple crepes: http://www.recipezaar.com/Crepes-55172 The recipe ended up making 10 crepes of which we were hard pressed to save some for our dinner. They were sweet and so tasty. In fact, I'm sure you could very easily cut the sugar in half and still have an amazing base. By dinner, I was so excited to finish my recipe, making the filling of bacon, spinach, mushroom, and parmesan cheese that I forgot about chopping the parsley, but the recipe was still amazing. http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Crepes-with-Spinach-Bacon-and-Mushroom-Filling/Detail.aspx

I highly recommend trying this recipe. Just look at this picture...who wouldn't find this simply wonderful to eat?!?!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home