Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Wednesday, February 3, 2010

I'm Not Getting Fat...He's Just Growing

I've decided it must be part of the right of passage into motherhood, but seriously, why do so many people insist on telling you just "how big you're getting?!?!" I mean really, must people make comments like, "Wow, you look like you're about to pop. You must be due soon, right?" (I haven't gotten this one yet, but oh am I waiting for it in a few weeks) or "You're getting kind of big. Don't you think you should just sit down?" or "Everytime I see you, you just get bigger and bigger...I didn't think you'd ever get this big?" I just don't get it. As if a pregnant woman's hormones don't make her unstable enough (ask any dear husband of a pregnant mama-to-be), they have to add fuel to the fire with stupid comments?

Would it be okay for me to respond to the "you're getting so big" comments with, "No, I'm just trying to make the rest of overweight America feel better about themselves" or respond to the "everytime I see you comments" with "that's funny, I was thinking the same thing about you?" You don't need to answer that. Instead, I've decided that my new mantra is "I'm not getting fat, he's just growing" (and he better be at least 6.5-7 pounds to back up this claim!!). To all the idiots out like to test a pregnant woman's present state of cool and collectedness, be aware because someday, you're going to catch one of us in a moment of weakness. In the meantime, to all my sweet friends and family, thank you for being so supportive. I know I'm not big (yet) and I have been feeling REALLY REALLY blessed and good throughout this entire pregnancy. I have a beautiful son growing inside of me who LOVES to kick and turn flip flops (especially when I'm trying to go to sleep at night). I have plenty of energy to maintain my workouts (and you better believe I am) and plenty of appetite to fuel them =). I have a wonderful husband who is equally as excited as I am for this baby to arrive. And...we have right around 14 weeks before our lives will change for the better forever!

Here's the most recent belly picture of 26 weeks! Enjoy!

2 Comments:

  • At February 5, 2010 at 4:21 PM , Blogger Lane said...

    You are the cutest prego EVER girl!!! I must have been one of those because you said your mantra to me when I saw you last! Sorry! :) Well at least you don't get,"you MUST be having twins if you're that big!" You will never be that way because you're not going to have a 8-9lb baby! Love ya! :)

     
  • At February 10, 2010 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

    You know me, I would respond with "I'm fat and your ugly but at least I can lose weight!"... but seriously, sweet Maria, you look like me after I've had a burger. You might be the cutest thing I've every seen!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home