Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, November 8, 2009

What would you do if you had 12 days with your husband out of the country? Would you sit and wallow in self pity 24-7? Would you write him love letters all day long? Would you sit and count the minutes until he gets back home? If you answered yes to any of those questions, you either a) are still dating the guy and are not yet married or b) I am probably not friends with you and am wondering how you found my blog =)

Brad left last Tuesday for 12 days in Shang'hai and naturally, I decided to fill my days with as much girl fun as I could! Before I get too much farther, of course I miss him, but I'd be lying if I said I'm not enjoying my girl time and nights sprawled out across the bed.

The weekend started off with my sweet friend Lane and me going shopping at Candy Cane Lane (so disappointed they didn't have more cute baby stuff...but maybe that saved me a lot of money too), getting pedicures, and going out for dinner. Now typically if you go to a nail salon, your experience is something like how Anjelah Johnson describes it on you tube: (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsWrY77o77o),
however, our experience was much different. I had a gentleman who let me know how much he loves Italians, how he'll come find me in his next lifetime, and then continued to brag about his 50,000 facebook friends/family and his life in the Vietnamese Mafia (he didn't come out and say it, but since I'm from Italian from Chicago, he was "certain I could relate...wink wink" Sorry fella...my family sleeps soundly at night, no connections here). Lane's pedicure was pretty much done as he continued to rub my legs and tell me about Vietnamese foreplay. "Does that feel good?" Shoot...I was scared to say yes yet not wanting my calf massage to end! I know you can all relate to that! I will be going back; however, I'm pretty sure I'll always be taking a friend with me!

Saturday Sara and I headed out to Branson to hit up the outlet malls and wow did we ever do well. I continued my shopping extravaganza today here in town and am pretty excited with all my purchases...a new feather bed, black boots, 2 sweaters, 2 baby shower gifts, too many random kitchen supplies, Christmas decorations, Bath and Body Works candles (have you smelled the Spiced Cider? It might be my new fall favorite), and way too much more! What a fabulous weekend! One chick flick left to watch and an early bedtime for this pregnant mama...Life is good and will only get better come Friday when Brad finally does get home. Okay...so maybe I miss him a little more than I'm letting onto =)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home