Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

So Proud

It's taken me so long to post, but I didn't want to go too long without telling everyone how proud of Brad I am. On Sunday, October 11th, with a temperature of 39 degrees outside, Brad ran THE Chicago Marathon and finished it under his goal time of 4:00:00!! He ended up averaging 9:05 minute miles for 26.2 miles. I don't know about anyone else, but I don't even like driving 26.2 miles somedays, let alone running it!

Honestly, I don't think it was the marathon that was the hardest part, but rather all the training. Long training runs every Saturday (maxing out at 22 miles), hill runs, and more every week for 18 weeks!! That's a long time to be focused on one goal, but Brad did it and followed the training manual to a "t"! He earned every bit of his 26.2 miles and I am so proud of him for doing it all and training for it right!

Here's a picture of my mom who was out there cheering for him and the 45,000 other runners that cold Sunday morning...




On another note, we had our first ultrasound back here in Northwest Arkansas with Dr. Smith. We are 11 weeks now and everything is looking GREAT! Our baby has 2 arms and legs, is almost 2 inches long, and was moving quite a bit. The heart rate was 167bpm...it's still anyone's guess if it's a boy or a girl! Almost through this first trimester...2 more weeks and we'll feel so much more confident about everything.

We're going to see Riverdance this weekend and are looking forward to a visit from Brad's sister Michelle and brother-in-law Fred next week. Life is good and that's about all I have to say about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home