Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Thursday, October 8, 2009

I've Graduated!

I've graduated. No more trips to Tulsa...I get to finally start seeing my doctor here in NWA...HURRAY! I LOVE my doctor and nurse in Tulsa, but the 7 hours journeys have just become an awful lot!

We are officially 9 weeks pregnant (as of my appointment yesterday) and it was amazing to see how much our baby has changed. S/he is now the size of a grape, has arms and legs, the umbilical cord is finally growing, and you could actually identify things on the ultrasound. Here's my favorite ultrasound picture. You can see the baby's eye, arms, and it looks like he or she is smiling! I LOVE IT!!


It was actually a pretty funny appointment. As soon as the doctor started the ultrasound and found the baby, his response was "Whoa...that's a big baby!" Apparently, he or she is measuring 2 days ahead of where they're supposed to be already! I told him "I cannot have a 10 pound baby!" Even cooler though was that the baby was SUPER active, swimming all over the place. At 9 weeks, this is apparently atypical, but I got a kick out of it. Perhaps they'll be as active as their mommy and daddy are?!?! Shoot...hope we can handle that!

A GREAT week in the Pope House despite some colds going around. Brad's heading up to Chicago to run the Chicago Marathon this weekend and I'm heading up to Kansas City to visit with my sister and her family! Life is good...God is good.

4 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home