Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Great Trip to OKC and Now You Want Me To Do What?

Brad and I had a great day in Oklahoma City yesterday. I spent the morning getting in one last walk before my bedrest would begin. The weather here in Northwest Arkansas has been amazing in the morning. A touch of fall weather has dropped upon us and I just LOVE it. The air has been crisp and fresh first thing in the morning and it's the perfect weather for a run or in my case, a walk. I also have really started to enjoy morning walks because it just seems like the perfect time to take in all the beauty God has created in our world and pray.

We arrived in OKC around lunchtime for our 1pm embryo transfer. We met with the embryologist and she said "I have picked two GREAT embryos for you today." I wanted to ask her if one was a boy and one was a girl but decided against it. Brad got all gussied up in his scrubs and we were off to the procedure room. The whole procedure absolutely amazed me! It lasted all of 10 minutes and took such precision. Dr. Kalenberger did our transfer and he talked and joked the whole time until he said, "I just want to be the first to congratulate you. You are Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise!" So...we are technically pregnant with twins, but we are far from being in the clear. I have been on bedrest for the past 30 hours waiting, hoping, and praying that these two embryos are attaching themselves and getting comfortable to hang out for the next 9 months.

Okay, about the bedrest thing. It is KILLING me! It's not just bedrest, it's laying flat on my back for all day Monday and Tuesday and then on Wednesday (drumroll please...)I can recline. Ooooooh. Is that exciting or what? In fact, after spending 30 hours flat, I'm ready to recline. It really hasn't been that bad. Cable has been wonderful and BRAVO has some great marathons (I highly recommend The Rachel Zoe Project if you want some brainless yet over-the-top tv). Even better, my mom is in town, friends have been visiting, and Brad has been wonderful. He insists that I do NOTHING which is hard for me but I know it's because he has the end result in mind.

Mom and I will be going to Tulsa Thursday for some bloodwork but we won't know anything until next week. I'm just praying, praying, praying and talking to my embryos. I know that sounds ridiculous, but I'm trying to be convincing enough to make them want to implant.

Stay Positive! I am!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At August 26, 2009 at 11:28 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

    I'm thinking about you, Maria. Stay still for once! HAHA! I'm sending you good vibes!

     
  • At August 26, 2009 at 10:51 PM , Blogger Lane said...

    It was so good to see you today! You are doing great girl! I am so excited for you guys and you know we are praying, praying, praying too!! :)

     
  • At August 28, 2009 at 3:58 PM , Blogger Jodi said...

    Maria! This is great! I talked to Janelle this week and she caught me up to speed, so I decided to check out the blog for myself. I'm so excited for you, but I realize that you have a ways to go before you can breathe easier. Keep me posted on the progress!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home