Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Let The Fun Begin!

Would you be jealous if I told you I got to spend my last weekend of summer honoring the DelMonte Sweet Corn Queen in rural Illinois? Yeah, I don't know if I'd be jealous either, but that's where I am, in Mendota, IL population 2,000, corn population 20 million (ish) =) It actually has been a whirlwind of a weekend with both my mom and dad. I can't say the weekend was perfect, but it was awesome to get to spend time with my folks.

Mom and I took a few great walks and spent a lot of time in the sweltering heat selling her invention, a Come-Along-Cuff. It's a really cool idea - it's a wrist wallet that's big enough to hold a few credit cards, some cash, and a few keys. Dad and I "philosophized" (I call it "bs"ing) and ate a lot of sweet corn together. This festival is probably the 20th one I've been to so everything brought back fun memories.

One thing I did learn from this weekend was that extreme heat, wine, and the Orbitor (that crazy ride that spins insanely) do not mix well. But, it was also ridiculously fun especially because I was riding with my 3rd and 5th grade second cousins, one of whom had just finished eating 5 ears of sweet corn in less than 10 minutes in the Sweet Corn Eating Contest!! Can you even imagine how bad this could have turned out?!?!?

On another note, the fun has finally begun in our journey through IVF. $3500 worth of drugs arrived Friday and I've been working out hard in prepartion for my exercise hiatus which officially began at 7am today. After a stellar 5-mile run this morning, I cam home and gave myself my first shot of Follistim. It was so easy and painless - SUCCESS!! Tonight was the Repronex. I felt like a chemist using Sodium Chloride to reconstitute my drugs. I was warned that the Repronex would sting; however, a McDonald's ice cream cone and an hour later - there are still no side effects. I just told my mom that if it stays this easy, I'll be set! FAT CHANCE, I'm sure, but a girl can hope! Just wait until my body realizes how many hormones are being pumped into it!

I'll be going to the doctor Thursday to see how everything is growing. Please keep us in your prayers. Pray that...
...physically, mentally, and emotionally I can stay positive and strong
...I continue to respond well to the meds
...our eggs are growing like they're supposed to be growing.

More updates and prayer requests to come later this week! Thank you all for your continued love, support, and encouragement. It means more to us that you'll ever know!!!

3 Comments:

  • At August 10, 2009 at 8:56 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

    I love how upbeat you are! You are for sure in my prayers. Can't wait for the updates of how things are going.

     
  • At August 10, 2009 at 9:41 AM , Blogger Rachel said...

    Great news that things are off to a great start!! I will be praying for you!!

    BTW - Claire got your friend (Muller) as her Kindergarten teacher!!!!!

     
  • At August 10, 2009 at 12:46 PM , Blogger Lane said...

    You are too funny! Glad you had a good time with your parents!

    SO glad that the shots went well! Everything is better with an ice cream cone of course! :) We are praying!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home