Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Well On Our Way

What a great day it's been! In fact, what a wonderful week. I started my stims on Sunday and have been responding super well. I still feel great and am not going through exercise withdrawal. That may have to do with the 7+ miles I've been walking everyday or maybe the fact that we're back to school and I am now suddenly super busy. Nonetheless.

School started back Wednesday for us teachers. I love that we get to come back early because I get to see all my teacher friends who I hadn't seen all summer. While I haven't been ready to go back, I am finally getting excited to see my kiddos again. I'm bummed I'm going to miss their first day, but it's for a good reason for sure!

I had my first doctor's appointment today since starting stims and so far, they are saying that everything is looking great. My hormone levels are normal and they said there are about a dozen follicles (one egg will be in each follicle with any luck) on one ovary and "quite a few" on the other. A good IVF cycle produces about 13 eggs so so far, we're looking like we're on our way to having a good cycle! I told my doctor how great I was feeling and he told me to "enjoy it while it lasts because with this many follicles it won't be long now." The way we're looking at it though is that if I start to become not so comfortable it's only because good things are happening hopefully resulting in an even better IVF cycle. I go back tomorrow for another look then one last appointment on Monday before our Egg Retrieval on Wednesday. I can't belive we're getting so close!

Things to pray for...
...that I continue to remain strong physically, mentally, and emotionally
...that my follicles continue to grow and will produce mature eggs
...that this IVF cycle results in one or two healthy babies (we're not looking for our own TV show anytime soon...hehehe)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home