Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, September 20, 2009

I know it's been awhile since I've blogged but I don't feel like there's that much going on here in The Pope House. Brad and I are anxiously awaiting our first ultrasound on Wednesday. I am so hopeful that there are twins in there. My heart is telling me there are, but my head is telling me to be prepared for a singleton. No matter what, we are just ecstatic that we are almost 7 weeks pregnant and that come May, our family will be expanding, but still...is it bad for me to say that I really want twins? I do.

It's been super rainy here in NWA. In fact, I feel like we live more in Seattle than in the Ozarks. It's rained at least some for 6 days straight and there's no real end in sight yet. Yesterday, we made our first batch of wine. It should be ready in 3 months, late enough so I can taste it and just in time for our Holiday Wine and Cheese Party. Today, Brad and I are hoping to get outside and start working on building our fire pit so we can enjoy it during the cooler fall nights. The ground is so wet it shouldn't be too bad of a task...if the rain will hold off for us. Our inagural fire pit party is scheduled for Friday, October 2nd when Brad hosts his First Annual Catfish Slumber Party. I know, it sounds wrong for a man to host a slumber party, but when he posted it on Facebook, that's what it came up as "Party Type: Slumber Party-Other," so now it's officially a slumber party =) Everyone is planning on pitching tents and catfishing on the lake. I on the other hand plan on opening the windows to the porch and sleeping on an air mattress on the porch. That's about as close to sleeping in Mother Nature that I'm up to right now.

Big update to come on Wednesday. Still praying for healthy twins. Praying that they're developing perfectly and that we get to hold them in our arms next spring! What a BLESSED life we lead and oh how that life is about to change for the better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home