Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Wonderful Weekends...

Could this weekend have gotten any better? My weekend started Thursday and every moment has been absolutely amazing. I say it started Thursday because this was the first day I was allowed off the couch to finally move around. The alarm clock went off and I jumped out of bed, walking clothes on, and there was no stopping me! The pent up energy from bedrest had to be used (and I had to stop shopping on line). Mom and I took a great "leisurely" walk and I felt like a new woman. It felt so good to be moving again, that's for sure!

So, you might have noticed that I said I had to "stop shopping on line." Wow...did I ever have fun buying shoes this week. Here are just a few of my favorite purchases:


Yes...there were more, but for the sake of embarrasing myself, I'll stop here. I keep reminding myself, I can always return them with free shipping =)

Friday night Brad, Mom, Sara, Chris, Brenda, and I headed down to Fayetteville to see Second City perform. If you haven't seen them before, I highly recommend it. They are an improv troupe from Chicago where hundreds of famous names like The Belushi Brothers, John Candy, Joan Rivers, Tina Fey, and Amy Sedaris got their starts. They were absolutely hysterical. I think my favorite skit was the Blow Up Betty skit. I just about peed my pants. I haven't laughed so hard for so long since I don't know when. It was just what the doctor ordered. Here are just a few pics:


Mom had to leave Saturday morning. Good Byes are always hard. I am super close to my mom and wish we lived closer, but maybe that adage "Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder" holds true there too? Nonetheless, I am already looking forward to the next time I get to see her. Brad and I decided to take full advantage of the rest of the beautiful day and invited some folks over to spend the afternoon out on the lake. It's so sad that summer is coming to an end and there are only a few nice lake weekends left. We are trying to take full advantage of every opportunity we have to be out on the water. I have to say that living on the lake has been much better than I could have ever imagined.

As for all the IVF stuff, there is no news here until Wednesday. I am feeling wonderful. No signs of pregnancy but my mom never had any either so I'm staying optimistic. I'm heading back to work tomorrow and cannot wait to see all my students. I know they will keep me entertained and keep my mind off everything. Please keep praying that our babies are still growing.

Stay tuned for more later this week!

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home