Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, October 4, 2009

Fall Weekends

Fall is my favorite time in Northwest Arkansas. The mornings are crisp and cool yet the daytime is still warm and beautiful. There seems to never be a cloud in the clear blue sky. The leaves are starting to change and everything is just beautiful.

We kicked off fall this weekend with what might become a yearly tradition, the Pope Catfish Campout (er...slumber party?) on Friday night. With the air cool and campfire roaring it was the perfect night. We had some of our greatest friends in NWA here and as always, there was never a dull moment. We learned that you could take smores to the next level by using Ghiradelli peanutbutter chocolate (it's thin enough that even the peanutbutter inside can melt), the game Chubby Bunny will leave you foaming at the mouth, IBC rootbeer looks the same as beer, and camp chairs, alcohol, and a steep hill does not often end up with anyone upright for long.

As promised, I did not campout. I visited The Hotel Pope and slept so well in my bed, but I did miss some excitement I later found out. Although we were unsuccessful catching any catfish from the dock before midnight, Brad jimmy rigged fishing poles out of plastic bottles. He threw them out into the lake and sure enough, that stinky bait (chicken liver...EW) started being pulled down the lake. Out in the paddle boat they went and they pulled in 2 catfish! One was pretty small, but check out how prehistoric and big that 2nd one was!!! I honestly can say I was not too upset that I missed seeing that nasty bottom feeder. There's just something about catfish that grosses me out. I can't help but think about the fish from The Simpsons that has 19 eyes and lives in the polluted waters by Mr. Burns' company. I was very happy to have the excuse "I'm pregnant" to keep me from having to sample their great catch.

In case you missed out on the fun...here are a few pictures to convince you why you need to come next year!


Brad and Maria cozying up by the fire
"See...I told you Smores would make you smile!"
Lindsay and Robert...the cute new couple
My Sweet Friend Karie and me
Good Gym Friends...Megan and Maria

Chubby Bunny courtesy of Chris and Sara!

Too cold to tube, but a perfect place to relax and watch the lines

Check out how big and mean this guy looks...
yes, Brad and Don too, but I'm talking about the catfish!

Look at the size of that thing! No Fish Tale Here!

1 Comments:

  • At October 5, 2009 at 9:37 PM , Blogger Lane said...

    Oh wow! Glad to see they finally caught something other than the bass! :) We had so much fun! Can't wait to do it again next year...this time no root beer bottle for me! :)

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home