Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, January 24, 2010

What's Shakin' In The Pope House?

January seems to be quite the busy month for us this year even though it almost seems as if we're not doing all that much! Do you ever feel that way? Reality is, a lot has been going on. We're still working out like crazy, both of us have started back to teaching at the community college, we're pregnant, and we're trying to take advantage of all the childless free time we have!

A lot of people keep saying, "I bet you can't wait for your baby to get here," and while they're right that I'm excited, I'm also savoring my sleep (when I can get a full night of it) and all the time I have where I can still be greedy and do what I want, when I want, and with whom I want. To start the month we celebrated Brad's 32nd birthday back at the beginning of the month with a pizza and game night with some of his close friends here. I have to say, I made some GREAT pizzas, especially my pesto veggie pizza with roasted red peppers, artichoke hearts, broccoli, mushrooms, sundried tomatoes, feta, and mozzarella cheeses. I even made my own pizza dough that doesn't have to rise. If you're interested, the link is: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pizza-Dough-I/Detail.aspx?prop31=2. I add oregano, garlic powder, and rosemary to my dough to add a little extra flavor...DELISH!



As far as our pregnancy is concerned, we are now 24 weeks along (almost 25) and I'm still feeling GREAT. Brad and I were finally able to feel Baby Pope kick last weekend and it's amazing. I had been to the doctor just a few days before telling him that I hadn't felt him moving at all. The doctor was really concerned until he started listening to the heartbeat and had to keep moving all over the place in order to keep up with the little guy!

We also started our Lamaze Classes and were both quite excited that it wasn't too "granola-y!" In fact, we both learned quite a bit. There were 2 things that we found most interesting. 1) The main reason for death during childbirth back in the day was un-hygenic practices. Think about it. The doctor would go and amputate someone's leg with gangreen and then, without washing his hands, would deliver your baby. GROSS, but doesn't that make a ton of sense? 2) If you were left in a room by yourself with no medical attention,you would still deliver your baby...shoot, we are animals after all. I'm sure it wouldn't be pretty, but that baby would still come out. Brad and I are excited to learn more especially since I'm hoping for a natural (no medication) labor in a few short months.

And...for wondering eyes, here's what my 24 week belly's looking like:



Life is good in the Pope House! I had my first real craving - pancakes with strawberries and whipping cream. I think it was more the whipping cream that I wanted than anything else, but boy was it good! Just 15 more weeks to indulge these cravings and until this little guy makes his appearance! CRAZY...it seems like yesterday I was asking for prayers that the In Vitro would even work!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home