Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Are There Really Only 6 Weeks Left?

From the beginning of this pregnancy, I kept saying that I just have to get to Spring Break and then Quinn will be almost here. Well shoot...Spring Break has come and gone and there are only 6 weeks left!

Brad and I took full advantage of our freedom and took one last weekend trip to Memphis over our break (or should I say over my break). What a seedy town (sorry if you're from there), but boy was it fun. We stayed in Germantown per many recommendations (Memphis doesn't have the safest reputation) and had great workouts, awesome cooked breakfasts at The Embassy Suites there, and great naps all before noon each day. Once we finally got moving, we ventured out to Graceland, Elvis' homestead. We assumed it would be pretty over-the-top touristy, but we actually really enjoyed it.



Unfortunately, when I get hungry, the world must stop, so we cut our trip to Graceland short and headed out for some lunch. Before our trip, I did a bit of research checking out where Man V. Food and Guy Fieri of Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives had visited in Memphis and I found what I knew would be a sure bet, Gus's Fried Chicken. You all know I am not a fried food eater, but after 14 years without fried chicken, and recommendations by both shows, we couldn't pass it up. At 3:30 in the afternoon, we still had to wait for an hour for a table so we knew we were at a good place. Was it good? Let's just say that we will never drive thorugh Memphis and not stop at Gus's...it was to die for...so moist, spicy, and incredibly not greasy!





Later that night we headed out to Beale Street to listen to some live music at BB Kings and to get ribs. How can you go to Memphis and not get ribs, right? I'm not much of a ribs girl, but they sure did fall off the bone making them quite tasty. Overall, we had a GREAT time in Memphis. We missed the 8 inches of snow that they got here in NWA and it was the perfect little BabyMoon for us. No more major trips until Quinn arrives and we go scuba diving in July...WOOHOO!

On that note, Quinn is scheduled to arrive in less than 6 weeks! I'm still feeling great, lifting, working out, and teaching PE. I've been running sprints with the kids on the track this week and although almost all of them can now beat me, I'm happy that I can at least try and still do what it is I love. Until next time, I'll leave you with just a few more pics:

34 Weeks Pregnant

I read once that there is no pregnant woman with good arms...I beg to differ =)

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home