Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Homemade Baby Food

Brad's Grandmother bought me the Beaba Baby Food Maker from Williams Sonoma for a gift for Quinn and we have finally been able to break it out.  Quinn is so interested in everyone else's food that we knew it was time to start giving him his own.  He's been sitting at the dinner table with us since he was just weeks old (usually just reclining on his Boppy pillow), but as of lately, he's not so into the reclining.  He is actually pulling himself up and lurching toward out plates to try to steal food.  This kid is like Aladdin...you'd think he's starving or something the way he wants what everyone else has.  Nonetheless, he is now getting his own food!

Yesterday I made my first batch of babyfood...sweet potatoes...and they were quite the hit!  First of all, let me tell you about this machine.  If you're in the market for a baby food maker, I highly recommend this one.  The machine steams and purees everything for you and you have your baby food in less than 15 minutes!  The cleanup is so easy and the machine is just so cool!  Here's a picture :


Like I said, I decided to start Quinn on sweet potatoes yesterday and let me tell you did he ever eat!  Quinn ate 4 ounces of the puree after nursing for 20 minutes just before.  That same day he also ate half a banana and a quarter cup of rice cereal and a quarter cup of oatmeal.  This boy sure can eat (and stay skinny as can be)!  I've already warned Brad that at this rate, our food budget is going to have to double by the time he's 10!

With such success yesterday (and no allergic reactions), I decided to see how he likes peas tonight.  Oh did he love them.  So much in fact that I got yelled at repeatedly for not feeding them to him fast enough (mind you this was after nursing for 30 minutes!)!!!

Here are a few pictures for your viewing pleasure.  Oh yes...and he's officially cutting his first tooth and hasn't slept through the night in 2 weeks.  Please pray for a good night's sleep for us...I'm exhausted!

Wearing his Peas!

All done!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home