Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Monday, May 28, 2012

What's Cookin'

Lots in the Meatless Pope house.   Yes, we are still enjoying being meatless for more than 3 months now.  Food just tastes so much better...it's amazing.

Here's what's been cooking up around here lately:

Sweet Potato Gnocchi with Sage Brown Butter Sauce

I just made these yesterday and while they were quite time consuming, they were really tasty.  Gnocchi are pretty much Italian potato dumplings.  How perfect that you can substitute in sweet potatoes for the regular white potatoes!  I followed the recipe to a t - however, found that I needed much more flour than the original recipe called for in order to have the right texture (you don't want your dough to be sticky).  Also, I made my own sauce with what I had on  hand...butter, onions, garlic, mushrooms, thyme, and some of the cooking water.  DELISH...though it will be awhile before I make gnocchi again!!!  http://www.thecurvycarrot.com/2012/02/25/sweet-potato-gnocchi-with-brown-butter-and-sage/

Quinoa Spanikopita

This dish was pretty tasty though it had WAY too much salt in it!  Maybe that was because I used table salt instead of kosher salt.  I will make it again, but I'll be sure to not add more than half the salt this time!  http://www.anediblemosaic.com/?p=8877#more-8877

Summer Squash and White Bean Sautee

YUM!  So simple, so fresh, so delish!  This is a go to meal from now on!!  http://www.delish.com/recipefinder/summer-squash-white-bean-saut-recipe-9871

Summer Vegetable Tian

Thanks to this dish, I now know what a tian is.  Defined by google dictionary, a tian is a dish of finely chopped vegetables cooked in olive oil than baked au gratin style.  Au Gratin?  Enough said...We'll try it!    So so good...fresh, a great side dish for sure!


Tortilla and Black Bean Pie

Haven't quite made this one yet, but it's on the list for this week!  I'll let you know how it goes...looks good, eh?  http://www.marthastewart.com/336692/tortilla-and-black-bean-pie?czone=food/vegetarian-cnt/vegetarian-favorite-recipes&center=852566&gallery=275563&slide=262678

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home