Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Saturday, July 31, 2010

Eating Well In The Pope House

Just a few more recipes to share from the past week and a half. 3 in fact!


As I said in my last post, my niece Corynn was here for the week. She, like me, really enjoys cooking so I decided to include her in my New Year's Goal of making a new recipe a week. This week, she and I made Cilantro Shrimp courtesy of Cooking Light, Chocolate Mousse Cake courtesy of my Williams Sonoma Cookbook, and after she left, I made Spice Crusted Salmon with Citrus Sauce also courtesy of Cooking Light.

First off, the Cilantro Shrimp (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=2001864). Oh my goodness was this dish ever delicious and really, it couldn't have been any easier to make. With an 8 minute cooking time and a 4 minute prep time, lunch was on the table before Corynn could change her first diaper.  This dish was so fresh, so delicious.  The cilantro really made the flavor pop.  You have to try it!


Next was our dessert, Williams Sonoma Chocolate Mousse Cake.  I must say, we were not thrilled with this recipe, so I'm not even going to share it; however, the chocolate mousse part was to die for!  Go to http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Chocolate-Mousse-103938 to find the recipe and try it for yourself.  Now, for those of you lacking self control (like myself on this day), you must convince yourself that the mousse will taste even better after it's sat for a day.  The first two bowls I ate (within an hour of it being complete) were good, but the spoonfuls I had on day 2 and 3 were INCREDIBLE.  Do yourself a favor, make this mousse, put it in the back of your refrigerator, and DO NOT SHARE IT under any circumstance =)

Last night, I made Cooking Light's Spice Crusted Salmon with Citrus Sauce (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=549708).  It was a very solid recipe.  Flavorful and enjoyable.  I feel bad not giving it a good review because it was mighty tasty, it just wasn't as stand-outish as some of the others I've made so far this year.  The spice crust was made of freshly ground fennel seeds, corriander, and cumin.  The citrus sauce (made with drained plain yogurt, sour cream, the zest of an orange, lime, and lemon, and fresh squeezed orange juice) really tied in well with the corriander.  We will be making this recipe again, but not as quickly as some of my new favorites.


That's all I have for now...35 and counting.  I think Sweet and Spicy Citrus Tilapia is next on the menu.  Stay tuned for more!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home