Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Our Week and Life on the Lake With Quinn

This past week was a wonderful week. We are getting to know Quinn better and he's starting to figure us out too. Grandpa Cotton came down to visit and was here for the better part of the week as well. He and Quinn were quite good buddies since Grandpa likes to sit on the couch and watch TV and Quinn just likes to be held. I think Quinn is overly well-educated on the oil spill down in the Gulf and has also figured out Grandpa's love of his cell phone.



Grandpa Cotton was totally taken with Quinn from the moment he laid eyes on him as you can tell by these pics:





Funny story. As I mentioned before, Grandpa Cotton has an obsession with his cell phone. One of the most frustrating things we kids deal with with him is how his phone takes priority over everything in life. It wouldn't be that big of a deal if he rarely got phone calls, but his phone rings off the hook. I had left Quinn under Dad's supervision while I took a shower. Naturally, Dad's phone rang and he proceeded to talk and naturally, Quinn started fussing. I hear from the other room "Shhh...I'm on the phone!" Really? Like a 2 week old has any care in the world or any concept of the phone other than it means you're not paying attention to me. I decided to get in the shower anyway and when I came out, Quinn was still crying and Dad was still on the phone. Even better, to get Grandpa back for not paying any attention to him, Quinn decided to take matters into his own hands and pee all over Grandpa's sheets. Man...I wish I could have gotten away with that!! I was so proud of my boy. Way to stand up for yourself Quinn!

Dad left on Friday and Saturday we opened up the lake to a few friends. Quinn stole the show with his new bathing suit and sun hat. Tell me he wasn't too cute!



He really enjoyed himself sleeping in his bouncy chair on the boat and interacting with everyone else when he wasn't asleep.



He is such a good baby. He's really good at just chilling out and loves everyone. I just hope and pray he stays this way. He really is an amazing baby.

One last picture to leave you with...Life in the Day of Master Quinn...just chillin'

2 Comments:

  • At June 9, 2010 at 9:40 PM , Blogger Lane said...

    Oh my word!! Him in that bathing suit and hat has to be one of the most precious things ever!! Oh, and he looks so much like Brad when he is awake! I need to come see you guys! Maybe this weekend! :)

     
  • At June 10, 2010 at 10:54 AM , Blogger Tom and Megan said...

    You look great and Quinn is already a heartbreaker! Very excited about the 19th!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home