Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, May 2, 2010

Still Cooking Up New Recipes

I have 3 more new recipes to share with everyone and I still think I'm picking them really well! In the past 3 weeks, I've made Chicken with Sun Dried Tomatoes, Feta, and Spinach in Phyllo Cups from Rachel Ray, Sour Cream Chicken, and just this morning for breakfast, Strawberry-Banana-Granola Crepes.

Rachel Ray's Chicken with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Feta and Spinach in Phyllo Cups (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/rachael-ray/chicken-with-sun-dried-tomatoes-feta-and-spinach-in-phyllo-cups-recipe/index.html) was a good recipe, but not at the top of our list. With its good mix of Mediterranean flavors, it definitely packed a good flavor punch. I have to admit, I wimped out on making the phyllo cups (time was of an essence that day), but I served it over penne noodles and that was really good. I tossed my noodles with olive oil and then mixed in the tomato, feta, spinach, and chicken mixture. It made a very tasty pasta salad though it didn't necessarily re-heat very well if you wanted it as a warm pasta dish. Here's what they say it's supposed to look like:



The next week I made Steve's World Famous To Die For Sour Cream Chicken (http://www.recipezaar.com/recipe/Stevens-World-Famous-To-Die-For-Sour-Cream-Chicken-12522). I think the "to die for part" was the fact that it called for an entire cup of melted butter for 6 servings!!! Needless to say, I slimmed down the recipe to work for Brad and me. I cut the butter down to a 1/4 cup, used 2 rolls of Whole Wheat Ritz Crackers (probably could have used 1 1/2 rolls or less), light sour cream, and used marjoram for the spice. The concept of marinating chicken in sour cream is one I will definitely use again. It made the meat so moist. I will definitely try this dish again!



And last, just this morning, I mixed up strawberries, bananas, and strawberry yogurt as a filling for my crepes. I topped the crepes with a little more of the filling and some granola and Brad and I feasted. While there's no real recipe, I had to share it because it was so easy, so flavorful, and perfect for our warm summery weather! It has earned its spot in my Sunday Breakfast/Brunch rotation.



Next up...Penne with Vodka Sauce and Garlicky Grilled Clam Pizza! My mouth is already watering!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home