Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Thursday, May 6, 2010

39 Weeks in Fort Knox

If you would have asked me a few weeks ago, or even last week, if I was getting excited for Quinn's arrival, I would probably have told you that it's all so surreal I wasn't even thinking about it too much. I know that's not how most soon-to-be-moms look in anticipation of the birth of their child, but honestly, that's how I've felt. Yesterday, at 39 weeks, that all started to change.

In the morning, I knew I had a week (give or take) left before Quinn would enter our lives and was excited. Okay...and maybe even a little excited to know that my school year would be finishing soon. I went for a 2.5 mile run in the morning in hopes of getting him to really "drop" so that the doctor would at least have some kind of news for me. I really believed that he had dropped somewhat on his own because his kicks were lower, but I figured a run (okay...more like a saunter) couldn't hurt anything.

When we went to the doctor that afternoon, I have to admit I was disappointed to hear that he was "locked up tighter than Fort Knox." There was nothing going on down there. Normally, I would be okay with this news, but then we got to talking about what would happen after 40 weeks. Dr. Smith won't let me go past 41 weeks (May 19th or 20th), but I really want a natural labor and therefore don't want to be induced. Pitocin is just such an intense drug to try to get through a drug-free labor with. Then I started thinking about C-Sections and honestly, it just brought a tear to my eye. More than anything, I want for Quinn's birth to be as natural and as intervention free as possible while keeping him safe. For myself, more than anything else, I DO NOT want a C-Section. It scares me. The recovery time. The inability to lift more than my own son's weight. Okay, let's be honest, not being able to truly work out as soon. It's my nightmare. I know I would be okay, but oh the thought.

I'm just praying that Quinn decides to make his entry into this world in the next 10 days so all these fears can be pushed aside and Brad and I can bring home our handsome son. In the meantime, my belly is measuring 33 weeks. Here it is for all to see...



ENJOY!

1 Comments:

  • At December 13, 2014 at 10:20 AM , Anonymous Todd said...

    Hi Maria,hope you don't mind a guy ENJOYING your pregnant belly pics because I CERTAINLY DO!!! However,I have a confession to make that I PRAY you won't find embarrassing and/or offensive.While your belly is AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL without it,it's even more APPEALING and PLEASING TO LOOK AT with it.That it is your outie bellybutton.I realize that may sound weird to you,but there are SO MANY people who just HATE outie pregnancy bellybuttons and say the most AWFUL things about them.To me EVERYTHING about a pregnant belly is BEAUTIFUL and EVERY mom-to-be should be told so!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home