Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, May 9, 2010

A Perfect Recipe (or 26) for Nesting

You always hear about people nesting right before they have a baby. Usually it involves them frantically cleaning, however, for me, I think I might be nesting in a different way - though planting flower beds, tomatoes, and an herb garden at 39 weeks and 4 days might be considered nesting as well.

Nesting to me has been more about accomplishing my goals. I set my goal to make one new recipe a week for 52 weeks in 2010 and so far, I've completed 26 new recipes. I'm almost 2 months ahead of myself at this point! This past week we had 3 more winners all courtesy of Cooking Light magazine.

Penne with Vodka Cream Sauce (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1654684) started out our week with a bang! I had never had a vodka sauce so thought it might be fun to try something new and I am so glad I did. I followed the basic recipe but added bacon bits, grilled chicken, and fresh mushrooms to it to make it a little heartier. This dish was not overly rich and had a nice little kick of flavor from the crushed red pepper. It reheated super well and Brad is now hooked!



Garlicky Clam Grilled Pizza (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1981746) was good too. It almost tasted like linguine with clam sauce, but on a pizza pie. Unfortunately, I did not prepare enough in advance to make my own dough, but with Pillsbury as my reliable stand it, I persevered and cooked up this dish pretty quickly in the oven at 500 degrees. I can't say it was AMAZING, but it definitely put a new twist on pizza.



Lastly was a Turkey-Spinach Lasagna (http://find.myrecipes.com/recipes/recipefinder.dyn?action=displayRecipe&recipe_id=1036166) which I added mushrooms to as well. The lasagnas that I've had are always multi-level and very very filling. This lasagna only had 2 layers of noodles and I kind of enjoyed that. The filling of cottage cheese (so not Italian), mushrooms, ground turkey, and jarred tomato sauce was delicious. Another dish that reheated well so we have another keeper!



Here's to hoping Baby Quinn makes his way into this world soon so I don't have any more new-recipe posts for awhile =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home