Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Growing So Fast

Hi Everyone! I feel like I have been a horrible blogger, but it seems like everytime I intend to sit down, it's time for Quinn to eat again! (I'm holding my breath right now just waiting for that moment to arrive again!) I guess all his eating has paid off though because Quinn is growing so fast. He had his 1 month appointment yesterday and the doctor was very pleased with his progress. He's weighing in at 7 pounds 12 ounces (10th-25th precentile for weight), is 21 3/4 inches long (above average), and has a head circumference of 14 1/4 inches (just below average). In the past few days, we have really noticed how much he's developing. He can now hold his head up, is tracking light (he is really obsessed with looking at the ceiling), and, my favorite, has been cooing and listening to himself. I could honestly listen to him coo all day...it's so heartwarming.

Life around here has been busy as well. After Dad left, we were super lucky to have Grandma Kristie (Brad's mom) come into town to meet our little man. Like everyone else, she was taken by him and I know Quinn has a very special place in his heart for her already.



Brad and I also LOVED having Kristie in town. We were able to go on our first of 2 date nights, I went to the gym and for runs without worrying about having a screaming child in the backseat, and we just spent some really fun times together (especially making tutus).

Sunday night, Brad and I had our first date night at Bonefish Grill. It was so nice to have some quality time together where we could focus, uninterrupted, on each other. We tried to take some good family pictures before we went; however, Quinn wasn't happy, and now looking at them, I realize how exhausted I really am (note the bags under my eyes!). Nonetheless, here's the latest family picture:



Kristie and I also worked on making tutus for our big party this weekend. There is a team bike jump competition and it was requested of us to make tutus for both Brad and our friend Donald so they would really look like a team. I thought Quinn would make the perfect little mascot for them so we made him one too. I'm not going to spoil how wonderful Brad and Donald will look, but here's Quinn...he's definitely a boy's boy...not enjoying his tutu much at all!



Just a few more pics to share with you of our sweet boy. I am very much enjoying motherhood and it definitely helps to have a well-tempered son and an awesome husband/daddy as well. Lisa and her fiance Ryan are coming for Pope's Dock (our party) this weekend, so I'll be sure to post again soon! I know there will be lots to report on =)



1 Comments:

  • At June 17, 2010 at 3:31 PM , Blogger  Marian and Sadie said...

    i posted a commit but i think i deleted it. anyway, just wanted to stop buy to see how the fam is doing. i love the tutu picture...funny and cute. i'm happy to see that your father came to visit yall, he is so awesome.

     

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home