Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Wednesday, December 15, 2010

10 Days As a Single Parent

Brad has been quite the world traveler this past month.  Not more than 4 days after returning home from an amazing trip to Cozumel, he was off to Shang'hai, China for a 10 day work trip leaving Quinn and me to fend for ourselves and honestly, we had a blast!  The hardest part was definitely trying to get us both ready in the mornings and out the door by 6:30am, but we did it and I was never more than 90 seconds late for work.  I give major accolades to single mothers because I now understand how much they must sacrafice to be able to be a good parent and provide for their children.  How in the world they manage to work, raise a child, play with their children, eat well, exercise, keep their house clean, and still sleep is beyond me!

Luckily for us, I was only a single parent for 2 days before my mom and her friend Joy came down to visit/lend a hand.  Thanks to them, I was still able to work out (I'm training for a half marathon on January 16th), keep my house clean, eat well, and enjoy my son.  They also got to witness Quinn on the move!  He is up on all fours, scooting backwards, and is FAST!

Here are a few pics from their visit:

Quinn Happy To See Joy

Fascinated By The Christmas Tree

This Is What Happens When You Can Only Go Backwards

Quinn's First Meeting With Santa Claus

Overall, it was a great week, but we sure were ready for Brad to get home.  Thank goodness for Skype (we were able to talk and video chat at least twice a day), e-mail, and awesome friends and family who are always willing to help out.  Luckily, we are done with business trips for awhile!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home