Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Friday, February 11, 2011

Snow Day Fun: Painting With Yogurt

I decided earlier this week that I am not an award winning mom when I'm trapped inside with my child for days on end.  Now don't get me wrong...I LOVE staying home with my boy, but there's seriously only so much you can do when you cannot leave your house.  I can only read so many books, have so many dance parties, do so many sit-ups with him on my legs, and push him around in a laundry basket so many times. Quinn probably feels the same way and can only bang on pots and pans so much, play with his same plethora of toys, eat so much paper, and enjoy his Mama for so long.

Last night I decided that I was going to change things up and try to give Quinn a new experience...time playing with new textures.  Not only did I decide not to feed him with a spoon at all today and let him only eat finger foods, but I also decided we were going to try to paint.  I've seen teachers painting with chocolate pudding and thought that might be fun!  Unfortunately, I didn't have any pudding that wasn't sugar-free and I'm hell bent on not giving Quinn any artificial sweeteners.  BUMMER.  I started thinking about what else I could use and plain yogurt came to mind!  I pulled out my food coloring (being careful to avoid the red one just in case there was red-40 in it which although I don't know why, I hear is not good for people) and dyed 2 small bowls of yogurt blue and yellow for him.  Our results...a lot a fun, a HUGE mess, a great experience, and fun pictures!





1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home