Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Snow Days


Well it happened...we got another snow day!  There is a legitimate 3 inches plus of snow out there and school has already been called off for tomorrow as well!!  As promised in my last blog, I decided to try out my hand at baking today.  Instead of the pretzel rolls I was hoping to make, I changed it up and made hamburger buns for the turkey burgers I was making for lunch.  I should say I tried to make hamburger buns.  I don't know what went wrong since the recipe got such rave reviews online, but my buns were flat and more biscuit like than anything else.  I'm not swearing off the recipe yet...I think I just need some work with my yeast and kneading skills.

Inspite of my disasterous bun making escapade, it's been a really good day.  I've done some cleaning, changed out Quinn's clothes (big boy is finally in 6-9 month clothes!), played with the little man, and took him outside to play in the snow for the first time. I must tell you that Quinn is very much like me...he's a warm weather baby.  Ask me anyday if I'd rather be on the beach or on the slopes and I'll always answer "on the beach."  This picture pretty much sums up Quinn's feelings about the snow:




You might notice that I neglected to put mittens on his hands so that might have a little something to do with why he really didn't like the snow, but still...he's a beach baby, I just know it.  We did go back inside and get his mittens and the end result was this...
 ...a short lived smile and seat in the snow.

Off to get a workout in before the man wakes up from his nap!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home