Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, January 2, 2011

MIA With So Much To Share!

Oh my gosh have I ever been missing in action!  There has been so much going on these past few weeks that I don't even know where to start!  I might have to do a few posts to cover all the Holiday happenings!

First things first...I turned 30 on December 20th!  30 seems like an age that so many people dread, fear, loathe, you name it, but I must say, I was actually looking forward to turning 30.  What's not to look forward to in your 30s?  You're hopefully more established, you're starting your family, you get to watch your family grow, you're not close to 50 (yet), and hopefully you finally have your act somewhat together.  Substitute the word "I" in for "you" in the previous sentence and that's why I've been looking forward to turning 30.

A birthday like 30 deserves to be celebrated for more than one day so Brad helped me to stretch it out over the course of the entire weekend.  We started on Friday night with a birthday party at Fast Lanes...bowling, go-carting, and lazer tag.  I have not been go-carting in probably 18 years and after that night, I have vowed to not let it go that long before I do it again.  It was such a blast!  Here are a few pics from the night:

Saturday, Brad and I hired a babysitter and went out for seafood down in Fayetteville and then went to see Young Frankenstein, the Mel Brooks musical at The Walton Arts Center.  If you have not seen a Mel Brooks show lately, I highly recommend it.  The man was beyond odd, his musicals are always somewhat off, and they are guaranteed to either shock you into leaving or they will leave you laughing!

Monday, my actual birthday I dropped Quinn off at daycare so I could finish some Christmas shopping, go to the gym, and get a massage.  And by Tuesday, I figured my birthday needed to start coming to an end so after a pedicure and lunch with friends, I called it a year!

Overall, it was a fabulous birthday!  Brad surprised me with Cirque Du Soleil tickets so we're heading up to Chicago at the end of the month.  Shoot...I need to get airline tickets.  I better get on that!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home