Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Race For The Cure

Okay...so I always brag about Quinn, but now I have to toot my own horn!  This morning was the Susan G Komen Race for the Cure.  For the first time, they added a 10k (6.2 miles) race to the event instead of the usual 5k.  This event is always one of the best in Northwest Arkansas.  Seemingly every big name is out there from the vendor community and the giveaways are phenomenal!  This year I walked away with 4 5-hour energy drinks, 4 bags of goldfish crackers, 5 Godiva chocolate squares and more Dove chocolate squares, yoplait yogurt for Quinn for the week, cheesesticks, razors, 4 V8 energy drinks (I highly recommend the mango flavor), tampons, and so much more!

While it was really fun to walk away with all that swag, the best part was being out running with friends supporting a great cause.  Even better was walking away with a 1st place finish in my age group (10th overall) and a new PR!  My official time was 49:33, though I clocked it at 49:24.  Either way, it was sub-8 minute miles and a new personal record.  When I raced my 10k in November, I finished with a time of 54:37 and was proud of that (sub-9 minute miles), but my previous best 10k time was 51:26 in 2008!  I beat my old time by almost 2 whole minutes!

So proud of myself!  I think I may be increasing my speed work and looking for another chance to set a new PR soon!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home