Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Sunday, March 20, 2011

10 Months Already?!?!

Hard to believe that this time last year I was pregnant and Brad and I were taking our Babymoon to Memphis for Spring Break.  While I thought I was tiny, I look back at pictures and realize I truly was pregnant!


While I was feeling less than super spry, I was still working out hard and was counting down the 7 weeks (which inevitably turned into 8) before we'd get to meet Quinn.  Now, it's hard to ever remember our house being so quiet as I am listening to Quinn attack a balloon in the other room.

Now 10 months old, Quinn is officially a wrecking ball.  He is into EVERYTHING!  Yesterday was his craftiest day yet.  When I was at Walmart he proceeded to knock down a vase not once but twice and try to eat the contents.  Not more than 10 minutes later I'm told that Brad was playing with him and realized he had a screw in his mouth.  After some investigation, Brad realized that Quinn had disconnected the cable outlet.  Not more than 10 minutes after that, the door jam had been removed and was being waved violently in the air!  Quinn LOVES to bang things together, make as much noise as possible, clap his hands, blow bubbles, and make messes.  We probably have over 100 toys in this house, but the only time he'll play with them is when they are placed neatly in the toybox.  Scatter them on the floor and they are far from interesting!

I was excited that he had a birthday party to go to at The Little Gym, an activity center that is all matted and is gymnastics oriented.  I figured it would be a GREAT way for him to burn off some energy.  Unlike Quinn though, he was less than social yesterday and would not let me put him down.  Nonetheless, we had a good time and hopefully we'll have another party there in the future so he can really enjoy it.


Oh yes, and for those of you who read my last post, my weekend did get much better.  Quinn and I went to dinner with friends and then spent the better part of Sunday together as a family.  Turns out also that Quinn still had his ear infections and I was sick most of the day Sunday and all day Monday.  Doesn't make the feelings that I wrote about any less real, but it did make me less able to deal with them.  Thank you to all of you who e-mailed me, posted, or called me to offer your understanding and/or support.  Sometimes it means enough just to know that you are not alone and that your feelings are justifiable.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home