Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Friday, May 13, 2011

But I Swear I Was Just Gone For A Moment...

...And so it starts!

I just got an e-mail yesterday saying "Congratulations, your child is 51 weeks old! Are you ready to have a toddler in your house" WHAT?!?!? 51 weeks and a toddler?!?! You have got to be kidding me. I must say though that both Brad and I acknowledge and know that Quinn is no longer a baby, he's a little boy. He is boy through and through. He LOVES digging in the dirt and throwing rocks. He is starting to develop even more of a peronality and is starting to throw temper tantrums when he's not getting his way. It's really quite funny when he does...he folds himself over, puts his head on the floor, and fake cries. Seriously...who taught him that?!?!? He's also super stubborn and wants to do things his way. He wants to determine which way you are going on the walk, he wants to be the one walking (even though my back is killing me after 5 minutes of holding onto his fingers since he's so little), and he's going to be the one to tell you where to stop and pick up the rocks. He's a mess...a perfect little mess.

Saturday, I walked into the kitchen and had to laugh at what I saw. "Brad, come here..." "WHAT?!? I only turned my back for a second..." Here's what we came in to find...


NICE! I particularly love the look on his face and the fact he's holding a fork like he's ready to stab something! Think he was playing King of the Mountain?

On another note, I decided not to shop and buy Quinn's Birthday hat for his first birthday, but rather to make it. My friend Michele had offered to buy one for him, but when I saw the price, I knew I could make it myself. Though she doubted me knowing my great artistic talents (ha!...I struggled to paint the letters that hang on Quinn's wall), I knew I had to try. Final product totalled less than $5 and a major sense of accomplishment...


What do you think? I think it looks pretty good...and it only has to last for a few pictures! Money saved $15 plus shipping. SCORE!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home