Life is A Journey...Come Follow Our's

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

HAPPY BIRTHDAY QUINN!!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my favorite little man! I cannot believe he is one already!  I think my mom said it best when she looked at him at Lisa's wedding and said "He's not a baby, he's a little boy!"  And a little boy he is for sure. 

I spent the better part of yesterday thinking about what I was doing during an exact moment a year ago.  I found myself laughing at how I measured the intensity of my contractions by how long it took me to walk a mile and smiling at the memory of Brad, my doula Beth, and me singing along to Broadway showtunes during contractions at the hospital.  It really seems so long ago that I went through all that.  I made a scrap book of Quinn's first year and just cried picking out the pictures that were going to go in it.  I hardly remember him being so incredibly little.  But one year ago today at 4:36 in the afternoon, Quinn Edward (and all 6 pounds 9 ounces of him) changed our lives in more ways than we could have ever anticipated.

Enough about me though, I know you come here to read about Quinn...so here it is.  At one year old Quinn...
...is walking
...weighs just more than 20 pounds
...eats EVERYTHING (including seafood risotto) and is ALWAYS hungry
...has 8 teeth and we think is cutting some more as I type
...says ding dong when he pushes on his belly button
...is sleeping through the night well!
...loves to read
...loves to talk on the phone just as much.  He'll hold any rectangular object up to his ear and try to talk.
...can often be found sitting inside the cabinet he has just emptied out
...likes all animals (though the ducks weren't too excited about him getting close this past weekend)
...loves the bathtub
...is the light of our lives!

His birthday party is this weekend.  We are really hoping the rain holds off from 12-8pm so we can have a fabulous pig roast with all our family and some close friends.  I'll be sure to post lots of pictures next week, but in the meantime, here's Quinn...1 year old!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home